4th Wednesday – September Questions
Have everyone in the group share what they would like to be when they grow up (Leaders share an example of what you wanted to be when your were young).
- Have a few people share with the group a time in their life when they needed help with something, but didn’t want to ask someone for help. What kept you from asking for help?
- What is it about us that makes it difficult to ask for help when we need it?
- What are some of the benefits you get to experience when you finally break down and ask for help?
- Read Matthew 16:24-25. What does Jesus teach us in this passage about what it looks like to be his follower and to find real life?
- Why does this seem backwards to us at first?
- What does it mean to “take up your cross and follow” Jesus? What does it mean that you must lose your life in order to find it?
- Why do you think full surrender is necessary to become a follower of Jesus? What does this really look like in a person’s life?
- Have you come to the point in your life where you surrendered all of who you are to Him? How and when did that happen for you?
- Giving our lives up to Jesus is not just a one-time thing. It takes a daily surrender to be His follower. In what ways can we make it a daily habit to surrender everything to Him?
- What has God been teaching you this month in Pursuit or in your personal time with Him?
- How can this group encourage you or pray for you in the next two weeks?