4th Wednesday – April Questions
Have each person in your group answer this question: if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
- All of us value something above everything else in our life. How can you tell what someone values in their life?
- What are some examples of things people sacrifice, work hard, and strive for?
- Think about everything you own. Every single thing. If you were to sell all of if, how much would it be worth? $100? $1000? $10,000? More? Can you think of a scenario that could happen in your life where you would sell it all? What would be the determining factor in this decision?
- Read Matthew 13:44-46. Both of the men in this story decide to sell all that they have in order to get something. What led to such a drastic action for them?
- How do you imagine their families and friends would have responded to their decision to sell it all?
- Jesus was telling this story to teach us that there is something worth giving your entire life to. What is it that Jesus is talking about?
- Read Philippians 3:7-11. Paul had discovered something that was greater than everything he had ever pursued in life. What was it?
- When Paul understood the reality of a relationship with Jesus, how did it change his life? How did it change his perspective on what is most important?
- Why is a relationship with Jesus so valuable? Why is His kingdom worth giving up your entire life? Why is this hard to believe sometimes?
- What would change in your life if you lived every moment with the perspective Paul had about how valuable it is to know Jesus?
- If someone were to examine your life, (what you worry about, what you spend your time, money, and effort on, etc.) what would they say you value most?
- What is a way you can remind yourself how valuable a relationship with Jesus is this month?