2nd Wednesday – September Questions
House on Fire :: Have everyone share their name and answer this scenario:
“Your house is on fire, and everyone is safe. You have 30 seconds to run through the house and
collect three or four articles you want to save. What would you grab? Why?”
After everyone has done this, the group can discuss what they learned about the things they
1. What are some of the biggest events in our world that you have heard about in the news over
the last few months? Which of them are the craziest to you?
2. Why is it easy to conclude that everything that happens in this world is just chaotic or
3. What are some circumstances that students your age go through that are chaotic and difficult?
4. Read Luke 24:27. Jesus explained to these men the whole story of the Bible. And He showed
them that He is the common thread through it all.
5. Do you remember the four words we used to tell this story?
6. As a group try to remember the part of the story each of these words represents:
7. In what way is Jesus the center of each part of these?
8. When you begin to understand that your life is a part of this greater story, it changes
everything. When someone turns to Jesus as the center of their life, what changes does this
make in them?
9. What purpose do we begin to embrace for our life?
10. What are some ways that we can bring hope into this broken world and allow God to use us to restore what is broken. Be specific.
As we begin this new school year together, what is a goal you would like to set in your pursuit of God?
What is holding you back from sharing the hope of Christ with others?
Pray for each other in these areas.
Memory Verse | Luke 24:27
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all
the Scriptures the things concerning himself.
September 15 | Luke 24:25-27
September 16 | Luke 24:28-29
September 17 | Luke 24:30-35
September 18 | Genesis 1:1-10
September 19 | Genesis 1:11-19
September 20 | Genesis 1:20-31
September 21 | Romans 3:21-26
September 22 | Revelation 21:1-4
September 23 | Revelation 21:5-6
September 24 | Joshua 1:1-2
September 25 | Joshua 1:3-4
September 26 | Joshua 1:5
September 27 | Joshua 1:6-7
September 28 | Joshua 1:8-9