November Family Devotions
Every month we will be sending out a postcard to all of the parents with the topic discussed at Pursuit along with activities and a devotion that we want to challenge you to sit down and go through with your student at some point in time this month.
USE THESE QUESTIONS TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH YOUR CHILD THIS MONTH:
- When you look at all that happens in the world around you, why is it easy to assume that everything is random, chaotic or meaningless?
- If everything that happens is just random, what would that mean for the purpose of our lives?
- The Bible teaches us that all of history is the unfolding of God’s story, that there is a purpose and a plan to everything. We learned this month that the story of God can be told with four words: Creation, Fall, Redemption and Restoration. What are each of these parts of God’s story?
- Read Luke 24:27. What did Jesus explain to his disciples in this verse? In what way is Jesus the thread that connects all of history?
- When you begin to understand God’s story, how does it help you understand your purpose in life?
- What are some examples of brokenness you see in the world during your week? What is one way you can help to restore something that is broken?