How To Ruin Your Life • Part 5 – Sanford
1. What is the biggest risk you have ever taken? How did it turn out?
2. When it comes to taking risks, do you typically try to avoid them or do you jump in without hesitation?
3. Has your outlook toward risks changed over the years in your life? Why or why not?
4. In what areas of your life are you most likely to take risks? In what areas are you least likely?
5. Read 1 Samuel 14:1-6. What is so surprising about Jonathan’s proposal to his armor-bearer?
6. If you were Jonathan’s armor-bearer, how would you have reacted to this risky plan?
7. Read 1 Samuel 14:7-23. Why is it always important to remember that a risk will never be 100% certain in the moment?
8. How can you tell when God wants you to take a risk? What criteria do you use to figure out whether to do something risky or whether to make the safer choice?
9. Many times God will call us to take a step of faith in order to lead us into His plans for our life. Why do you think He does it this way? How do moments of risk/faith lead us into the beautiful plans of God for us?
10. Can someone share an example when God called you to take a risk and it led to a huge blessing for you?
11. In what areas of your life do you struggle the most with living in faith? Why? How can this group encourage you to live by faith in those areas?