Psalms • Part 6
In the midst of our struggles, we often lose confidence that God cares what is happening to us and around us. In this Psalm, David gives us a fresh perspective on our own struggles and anxieties that we face, and teaches how we can really live with confidence, no matter what we are facing.
1. Read Psalm 27:1-14.
2. Describe a time when you faced what seemed to be insurmountable challenges. What did you do to overcome these obstacles? Or were you able to overcome them?
3. What is the difference between a feeling and a decision? What did David do when he faced situations where everything seemed to be going against him? How can you practically follow his example?
4. In Psalm 27:4, David mentions “one thing.” What is your “one thing,” that thing that you place your confidence in? That one thing that you believe can handle the difficulties, the struggles, the pressures of life?
5. Think back over the past month. Did you face a difficult time? How did you react and what did you do? After reading this Psalm, what would you do differently?
6. Waiting…we all have a difficult time with that! What does it mean to wait expectantly on God, to place your confidence in Him?
7. Read Isaiah 40:29–31. How does this increase your confidence in God and what He will do on your behalf?
8. Psalm 27 is so powerful! Take the challenge to read it at least once a week so that you can begin to live a life with confidence in God.