Called To Be • Part 6
So many times, we just feel like we are done. You are doing what is right, but what you expect to happen is not happening. You are doing what God has called you to do, but it’s not changing what you are seeing in front of you. You are allowing the pressure of the process to shape you, but it seems to be taking too long. You just want to quit and give up because it’s tough. Peter realizes this and touches on this issue—how not to give up.
1. Read 1 Peter 4:12-5:7. What stands out most to you in this text?
2. Most everyone has moments of anxiety. What makes you anxious? On a scale from 1 to 10, how would you rate your daily anxiety?
3. Moving forward in what God has called you to do will bring struggles into our life. Why does it surprise us that moving forward is not easy?
4. The only way you can learn persistence is through resistance. What does that mean to you? What are some practical ways you can be persistent through resistance?
5. Persistence is a posture of surrender under God’s mighty hand as He guides us and guards us. Share specific ways God has guided you and guarded you and how that helps you to stay persistent as you go forward in what God has called you to do.
6. What does it mean to you that our anxiety is directly linked to our pride? How do we overcome our pride