Greater • Part 4
We don’t believe that God has set us up for greater because of all the let downs in life. Things have not worked out the way we wanted them to. We believe that if we get into the greater, there’s going to be some fine print that tells us we have to suffer, give up something, and just be miserable. Is this really God’s intent for us?
1. What was your biggest takeaway from the weekend’s message?
2. While growing up, did you experience hoping and believing for something to happen, only to be disappointed when it didn’t go as you had hoped? Share what that was and how it impacted you as an adult to believe that God really does want His best for you.
3. Read 2 Kings 7:1-2. How do you identify with the king’s officer, only looking at the circumstances around you and not at the God of miracles? Give a personal example.
4. Read 2 Kings 7:3-4. Desperation over our situation may cause us to want to give up rather than continue to face the awful things in our lives. Have you had this happen to you and how did you get victory over it?
5. Read 2 Kings 7:5-8. Why do we struggle so much with believing that God has a greater supply in the time of our greatest shortage?
6. Read 2 Kings 7:9. When have you experienced the overabundance of God and just had to share with someone else? What were the results?
7. Share what happened when you stepped out in faith to do what you sensed God was telling you to do. What area do you sense God is now telling you to step out into?
Challenge: Set an alarm to pray every day this week for God to move in our services. Let’s see what could happen this Christmas as a church if we were unified in our petition to the Lord to do great and wonderful things in these services and in those who have been invited to them.