40 Days • No Longer Slaves • Part 5
Our brokenness from our past sometimes takes over how we view ourselves and God in the present. Can we ever be truly free? What is your freedom worth?
Consume -- On Friday, April 14 (6:30 pm, on both campuses) we will come together for a powerful night of intense worship and prayer as we focus on the events of Good Friday. Consume is the pinnacle of our 40 Days journey together and the perfect way to prepare for Easter weekend. Make sure you’re there. Doors will open at 6:00.
- What has God been teaching you through 40 Days so far?
- Read Hosea 1:2. Describe a time when you felt you were too far gone or too far broken for God, where you felt the extent of His love for you couldn’t cover your past? Do you live thinking that you are still enslaved to sin?
- Read Hosea 3:1-3. God does not discard you when you are broken, but longs to restore you. He tells us throughout scripture that His love is far different from our love, that it is ever present and doesn’t depend on our performance. But do we truly believe this?
- Read Romans 3:10-12, 16-17, 23. Let’s face it: we’re a mess! How do we deal with continuing, repetitive sins that are in our lives now? What is God willing to pay to redeem you from your brokenness?
- Now for the good news. Read Romans 3:24. What does it mean to you personally that you are justified, that God has redeemed you and set you free? If you are a follower of Christ Jesus, do you live in that freedom, believing you have been redeemed through Christ?
- Has there been a particular scripture you have read during 40 Days that has impacted you? Share with your group.
- What are you still struggling with that you just can’t believe that God has forgiven you for? Share with your group and pray for one another, that this message of redemption will become a reality in your life.
- Easter’s coming! Who have you been praying for to come to one of our Easter services?
- How have you been Working Your Circle?