Life in Pieces • Part 3
If you are like most people, you can’t tell your life story without referencing people who played significant roles along the way. The same is true of your faith story. In this third week of Life in Pieces, we look at the role that providential relationships play in the development of our faith.
- Looking back, are there people you feel God providentially brought into your life at crucial times? Who? How did God use them? For married couples, has anyone seen God providentially bring someone into one of their children’s lives?
- Looking back, is there a time when you feel God brought someone across your path who could have helped you, but you resisted the relationship?
- Are there those in your circle of relationships who would say YOU are someone God providentially dropped into their lives?
- Read Proverbs 13:20. What is the promise to those who “walk with the wise”? What is the consequence of being a “companion of fools”?
- Those were the easy questions. Based on your experiences, why do you think Solomon highlights what a person becomes (i.e., wise) in the first half of the verse, while he highlights what will happen (i.e., suffering harm) in the second half? Why didn’t he say, “He who walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools becomes a fool”?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:33. The Bible makes it clear that certain relationships are pivotal in our spiritual development, while others can lead us in directions we never intended to go. But we don’t live in a vacuum. We’re surrounded by wisdom and foolishness from all sides. Is it possible to completely ignore the companionship of fools? Should you?
- How do you balance the relationships in your life that strengthen your faith and the relationships that could inhibit your spiritual growth knowing full well that these relationships could also be pivotal for others to draw closer to God?
Life Group Announcements
40 DAYS | No Longer Slaves -- beginning the weekend of March 4/5! Make sure you're here as we begin this journey together. This is, by far, one of the most life changing times in the life of our church each year. You can pick up a copy of the 40 Days devotionals at the end of any service.
SOCIAL MEDIA | Check us out on Facebook and Instagram @theJourneySM to stay up to date with all that is happening at the Journey. We use our social media channels to share stories of God moving in the lives of our people, to encourage your week and to challenge you to continue #SteppingUp in Inviting, Giving and Serving.