Life in Pieces • Part 1
It’s the middle of February, almost 2 months after all our New Year’s Resolutions. How are you doing so far? Our hopes, our plans—did anything work out as we had thought it would? Our life is still in pieces. How in the world can we begin to put the pieces back together?
- Share about a time when your perspective changed as you grew older. Besides actually increasing in age, what happened to cause this change in perspective?
- Do you agree with the statement, “What you think about determines the direction of your life.” Why or why not? Give examples.
- Read 1 Kings 19:1-4. When you lose your perspective, your life falls to pieces. What thoughts might you be thinking that are causing your life to fall to pieces?
- Read 1 Kings 19:8-10. What shapes your life isn’t really what happens to you, but your perspective of what happens to you. Are you stressed right now about what is really happening or what you think will happen? If comfortable, give examples.
- Read 1 Kings 19:11-19. Changing your perspective will change your life. Has there been a time in your life where you could see God trying to change and shape your life by changing your perspective? Is there a situation you’re going through that needs a change of perspective? What are some action steps you can take to submit to God the way you think so that He can change your perspective?
- Which truth about God will help you change your perspective: He is with us. He is for us. He is working all around us? Why?
- Read Romans 12:2. When you don’t make the deliberate choice to think according the Spirit, you default to the flesh. What can you change in your routine to reshape your thinking?
- Read 1 Kings 19:9. What would your answer be if God asked you this question? [“Why are you hiding?” or “Why are you living in fear?”] Has there been a time you checked into a cave of your own? Have you run from something God is calling you to because you’ve been believing the lies that tell you you’re not good enough?
- When have you felt anxious and overwhelmed, causing you fear or a desire to run from it all? How have you been able to overcome this thinking and deal with these feelings?
- What fearful, negative thoughts are dominating your perspective? What is it that you're consistently telling yourself again and again? How can we pray for you regarding this?
Life Group Announcements
CARE GROUPS | We all have defining moments in our lives—challenging circumstances, relational pain, transitional seasons. How we respond during these times has a direct impact on our futures. Care Groups provide a network of short-term groups that offer helpful resources, encouragement, and advice from someone who understands what you’re going through. With topics on finances, marriage, and divorce these groups offer a fresh perspective on your situation. For a list of groups starting on February 13, visit theJourney.cc/caregroups.
JOURNEY APP | Our new Journey App is available for download on all major app stores (Apple, Android, Window and Amazon). Just search for the Journey - Florida. Look for the Journey logo. You can't miss it. You can watch sermons, get information, read stories and articles and give. The new app is a big step forward in the way we communicate. Please download and enjoy!