Grace Beyond Walls
1. How ethnically diverse was the area in which you were raised as a child? What was the general attitude in that community about ethnic diversity?
2. As you watch the events in our culture over the last few years when it comes to racial divisions, what are your personal reactions to what you see?
3. Why do you think these issues are so polarizing in our current time?
4. Read Ephesians 2:11-18. According to verse 15, for what purpose did Jesus Christ die?
5. What divisions were the early church battling? How were these similar to what we face today?
6. What does it mean that Jesus came to “break down the wall of hostility,” and “create one new man instead of two?”
7. Read Ephesians 2:19-22. What parts of this text demonstrate the fact that God wants all believers to be unified?
8. In what ways does the analogy of God building a house show the beauty of His vision for His people?
9. Read Revelation 5:9-10. What clues do we see from this text that demonstrate the fact that Heaven will be a place of diversity?
10. Why do you think ethnic diversity glorifies God?
11. When someone looks at God’s people, they should see a picture of Heaven. What keeps us from living out this kind of unity and diversity as God’s people today?
12. What are some practical steps we can and need to take in order to make progress in this area?