Dealing With It • Part 1
One thing we all have in common, whether you're a Christian or some other religion or maybe no religion at all: No matter who you are or who you are with, “it” happens. What is this “it” for you and how do you deal with “it”?
- Regarding conflict in general, which reaction describes you best; “Bring it on!” or “I’m running!”?
- As a teenager, describe the biggest fight you were ever in.
- Conflict with those who are with you is fueled by the conflict going on within you. How have your own internal and personal conflicts affected those you love most, and what have been the results?
- Read James 4:1. What are some of the ways you blame the conflict in your life on others instead of dealing with what is causing the conflict in you? Where have you had persistent conflict that you haven’t been able to see the part you are playing in it?
- Read James 4:2. Why is it so much easier to see that conflict comes as a result of selfishness in others, and not be able to recognize the selfishness at play in our own conflict?
- Is there an area of conflict in your life right now that you need to deal with? Which step of addressing conflict do you think will be the most difficult as you begin dealing with it? (Admit it / Own your part / Take it to God) Share how you will approach this technique this week. Be as specific as you feel comfortable.
- Read James 4:2-3. You’ve used the phrase, “Honest to God” about many things in the past. Describe the experience when you identified “it” honestly to God. Is there another “it” that we can pray together about? This week, how can this group help you begin to “Take it to God”?
- Pastor James said, “Pour out your heart to God with the same emotion you pour out your frustration on everybody else?” Have you tried doing that and how has that worked out for you?
Life Group Announcements
2C REVIVE | 2C Revive is a focused time of revival, training and refreshment! 2016 has been an exciting year of growth for our 2C Ministries! Our Church has been Stepping Up and we need to take this time to revive by taking time to refresh our spirit and get equipped for all that God has planned for 2C in 2017. Whether you are “all-in” with 2C or have a heart for those who are hurting but have always felt unequipped, this is the ideal experience for you! | Friday, January 13-14 (Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center) | Cost: $125 | Deadline to register and pay in full is January 9 | To register: theJourney.cc/2Crevive
ONLINE GIVING | Your financial support and generosity enables us to create the quality environments that you and your family enjoy on a weekly basis, and allows us to reach more people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. | More information: theJourney.cc/give
NEW WEBSITE AND APP | The Journey's new website and app are up and running. Our new URL is theJourney.cc. Our new site was not only designed to look great, but to make it simple to learn more about our church and how to get connected. And, our new Journey App is available for download on all major app stores (Apple, Android, Window and Amazon). Just search for the Journey - Florida. Look for the Journey logo. You can't miss it. You will now be able to watch sermons, get information, read stories and articles and give. The new app is a big step forward in the way we communicate. Please download and enjoy!