Life Hacks • Part 7
We all have seasons of difficulty in our lives and struggle when life gets hard. How do you handle life when life just stinks? Suffering will come to all of us sooner or later. So is there any hope? Can we really experience joy in the midst of it all? In fact, can we even learn to be thankful for our suffering?
1. We have all had seasons of difficulty, trials and tribulation in our lives. What did those trials teach you?
2. Read 1 Peter 1:6-7. One of the reasons God allows suffering in our lives is to refine our faith. How do you define faith? Have you seen God make your faith stronger through circumstances that tested you? How so?
3. When you realize that the definition of faith is “complete trust,” how does your faith stack up in the midst of trials?
4. Pastor Jason said that we all desperately want to be self-sufficient. Why do you think that is?
5. Read Romans 8:28. What is God’s promise and how does this change your outlook on suffering or the things that you are burdened with right now?
6. Pastor Jason talked about how the suffering we go through serves to loosen our grip on the things of this world. Have you seen this happen in your own life? What are some of the ways we can keep ourselves focused on an eternal perspective, despite all the distractions around us?
7. Describe how you find peace and confidence when you are facing a difficult circumstance.
8. Our new question when suffering should be, “How can I glorify God to the max in this?” Think back about last week. What suffering did you endure? How could you glorify God to the max if that same thing happens again?
1. Romans 8:38 tells us that nothing can separate us from the love of God. Describe a time when you felt separated from God. What about suffering might make us feel that He is not near?
2. Second Corinthians 1:8-9 says that our burdens should make us rely more fully on God. Is there something going on in your life right now that is increasing your reliance on God--or is it doing the opposite? How can this group help you to rely on God more?
Life Group Announcements
NEW WEBSITE AND APP | We are happy to announce the Journey launched its new website. You can find our new site at theJourney.cc. Our new site was not only designed to look great, but to make it simple to learn more about our church and how to get connected. Our new Journey App is available for download on all major app stores (Apple, Android, Window and Amazon). Just search for the Journey - Florida. Look for the Journey logo. You can't miss it. You can watch sermons, get information, read stories and articles and give. There are new features that we will be rolling out in the upcoming weeks. We will be able to take notes and email them and move ahead with push notifications. The new app is a big step in the way we can communicate. Please download and enjoy!
2C FALL COMMUNITY PROJECT | We will be helping out our neighbors by doing projects local parks. Saturday, October 8, from 9 am to Noon. | More information: theJourney.cc/2C
SHORT-TERM GROUPS | Information alone doesn’t change us. Experience does. Short-Term Groups are designed to help you experience truth, not just listen to it. They connect you to others who share a common goal so together you can grow in life-changing ways. Short-Term Groups are like Life Groups, but they meet weekly for a short term to explore one topic. Do you know someone who would benefit from stepping into group life? Short-Term Groups are a great first step. | Groups start on October 3, on the Orange City campus and October 6, on the Sanford campus | More information: theJourney.cc/groups
JOURNEY WORSHIP TEAM AUDITIONS | The Journey Worship Team needs your help! We are asking you, as our church, to spread the word and to commit to praying with us as we ask the Lord to lead the exact musicians He wants to join our team. | Auditions will take place on Saturday, October 15, on our Orange City campus. Please register online at theJourney.cc/serve by Friday, October 7.
CARE GROUPS | We all have defining moments in our lives—challenging circumstances, relational pain, transitional seasons. How we respond during these times has a direct impact on our futures. Care Groups provide a network of short-term groups that offer helpful resources, encouragement, and advice from someone who understands what you’re going through. With topics on finances, marriage, and divorce, these groups offer a fresh perspective on your situation. | Groups start on September 12, on the Orange City campus only | More information: theJourney.cc/groups
ONLINE GIVING | Your financial support and generosity enables us to create the quality environments that you and your family enjoy on a weekly basis, and allows us to reach more people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. | More information: theJourney.cc/give
PRAYER PARTNERS | We want 200 people to pray for the Journey each week of 2016! Will you take part in the greatest work a body of believers could undertake? Come anytime and stay for whatever fits your schedule. | 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month | 6:30-8:00 pm | Orange City campus | Would you like serve? Contact Cindy Jacobson by calling 386.775.3500 or emailing CAREnet@theJourney.cc.