It's Not Like That • Part 4
I Got a New Song :: Psalm 40:1-10
What is the church really about? Who is the church for? There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the mission of the church. Would those outside the church agree with those inside the church as to what is the mission of the church?
1. What was your biggest personal takeaway from this past week’s sermon? Why?
2. Describe a time or situation in your life where you felt like an outsider and how it made you feel. What could have changed this situation?
3. Before you became a Christian, what was your perception of the church? If you grew up in church, does it surprise you that the world’s view of the church is not positive?
4. Read Matthew 5:14-16. In it, we are called to be salt and light to the world around us, what are some of the ways we can invest in those we encounter daily who aren’t believers?
5. As Christians we often struggle to integrate our faith into our daily lives. Why is this the case?
6. Matthew decided to follow Christ and threw a party for his friends. Think back. Remember when you received Christ into your life. Describe your emotions when you first trusted Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. Who did you tell? What did you say?
7. What are some of your fears when it comes to sharing your faith with others? Read 1 John 4:18. What does the Bible say about how you can overcome your fear of sharing the good news of your salvation?
1. How can you become more intentional about building relationships with non-Christians?
2. What are some practical things you can listen for in a conversation with an outsider to bring up what God has done in your life?
Life Group Announcements
CHRISTMAS IN JULY | Giving Joy is our annual Christmas Community Outreach to local parents who otherwise might not be able to provide Christmas gifts for their children by hosting a free “shopping” experience including gift wrapping. We are accepting new toy or monetary donations all month long. Please bring your donations to the Sending Zone.
PRAYER PARTNERS | We want 200 people to pray for the Journey each week of 2016! Will you take part in the greatest work a body of believers could undertake? Come anytime and stay for whatever fits your schedule. | Every Tuesday | 6:30-8:00 pm | Orange City Campus | Would you like serve? Contact Cindy Jacobson by calling 386.775.3500 or emailing CAREnet@theJourneyOC.net
ONLINE GIVING | Your financial support and generosity enables us to create the quality environments that you and your family enjoy on a weekly basis, and allows us to reach more people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
TAKE THE 2C CHALLENGE | We're not taking a vacation from our mission this summer! Each week of our upcoming sermon series, It's Not Like That, we have a chance to join with 2C to help those hurting in our communities.
Week 1 | Drop off one new unwrapped toy(s) or monetary donations during the next five weeks for Giving Joy's Christmas in July!
Week 2 | Serve with Blessed Assurance on July 16
Week 3 | Sign up to serve next month with the Bridge or Mobile Ministry
Week 4 | Stop by the Sending Zone to learn more about 2C after the weekend service.
Week 5 | Participate in the Manna Bag "Make & Take" on July 30/31!