Imaginary god • Part 5
We all have fears, insecurities and anxiety. But what does God think about fear? What does He think about my fears and insecurities? Ultimately, the question is “Does God really care?” Scripture give us an image of God that will help us go through every difficult time we will face. Are you ready to put away your previous ideas of God and see Him as He really is?
- What fears did you have as a child? What fears do you have as an adult? Would you be willing to share an insecurity you have right now or one you’ve struggled with as an adult?
- Read Matthew 10:28. Why should we place our fear in the right place and only on the One who has no limit to what He can do in our daily lives?
- Read Job 11:7-9. Do you struggle believing that God’s love for you is infinite, without limits? Share when you have placed God in a “box” of your human understanding of His love and concern for you?
- Now read Psalm 135:6 and Matthew 10:29-31. How do these verses answer your fears and worries?
- What do these verses tell you about God and His love for us? How can we maintain this view of God when our circumstances cause us to doubt or misunderstand His love?
- Read Romans 5:20 and 5:8. Describe how God’s immeasurable grace exceeds even our understanding. Does your view of God reflect how you understand His grace? What are some circumstances where you have doubted His love and forgiveness because you attributed humanity to God and saw Him and His love as finite instead of infinite?
- God’s love for you surpasses anything you can imagine, even though He knows every intimate detail of your life – both the good and the bad – and He still loves you infinitely. How can you make that practical in your life so that faith can overwhelm fear?
- How would your life be different if there were no fear, no worry? How can this group actively encourage one another to walk in that kind of faith?
Life Group Announcements
CHRISTMAS AT THE JOURNEY | We can't wait to see you and your friends and family this Christmas. To make it easier for you to celebrate, as only the Journey can, we have scheduled additional services over two days. Christmas is one of our largest reaching events of the year and many people will come to the Journey for the first time. Let's get out and invite everyone we know, so they can see a church passionately following Christ.
Orange City Campus | Friday, December 23 - 7 pm | Saturday, December 24 - 11 am, 2, 4 and 6 pm
Sanford Campus | Saturday, December 24 - 2 and 4 pm
SPECIAL CHRISTMAS PRAYER PARTNERS | Join us for a special night of prayer as we pray for those who will attend Christmas services at the Journey. We can invite, but it is only God who will move someone's heart. Come anytime and stay for whatever fits your schedule. | Tuesday, December 13 | 6:30-8:00 pm | Orange City Campus | Would you like serve? Contact Cindy Jacobson by calling 386.775.3500 or emailing CAREnet@theJourney.cc
THE BRIDGE FOOD DRIVE | We are collecting non-perishable food items to stock our shelves. Donation suggestions include: Spaghetti noodles, Pasta Sauce, Canned Fruits & Vegetables, Boxed Macaroni & Cheese, Tuna, Rice and Peanut Butter & Jelly. Please bring your donations to the Sending Zone. More information: theJourney.cc/2C | All month long
ONLINE GIVING | Your financial support and generosity enables us to create the quality environments that you and your family enjoy on a weekly basis, and allows us to reach more people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. | More information: theJourney.cc/give
NEW WEBSITE AND APP | The Journey's new website and app are up and running. Our new URL is theJourney.cc. Our new site was not only designed to look great, but to make it simple to learn more about our church and how to get connected. And, our new Journey App is available for download on all major app stores (Apple, Android, Windows and Amazon). Just search for the Journey - Florida. Look for the Journey logo. You can't miss it. You will now be able to watch sermons, get information, read stories and articles and give. The new app is a big step forward in the way we communicate. Please download and enjoy!