February 17 – March 25
Jesus’ invitation to follow Him was, and still is, an invitation into a relationship. A relationship that is built on Christ’s love and desire to be with you and know you. Before you clean up your life, do better, know more or reach some level of perceived religious standing; Christ just wants to be with you! With this invitation Jesus asks us to leave behind our old way of life to experience amazing peace and ultimate joy. But, this relationship is also marked by self-denial and loving obedience. His call is one that is not necessarily audible but goes straight to the heart. The question is, will you listen? Will you answer yes to the invitation?
40 Days Devotional
- The ePub file is designed to flow on your phone or tablet like a book you would download from Amazon Kindle store. This format allows you to resize text, change the fonts, and change into night mode (depending on the device).
- The PDF is a fixed format which will show the page like it is in the physical version of the book. This format does not allow you to change anything with the text or color.
5 COMMITMENTS FOR THE 40 DAYS
- Participate in all six weekend worship experiences. Each week, the sermons will examine what it means to accept the invitation to follow Christ.
- Read the daily readings in the 40 Days devotional. Set aside about 15 minutes at the same time each day to read the text, think about the principles, and allow God to change you as you gain a deeper understanding of what it means to follow Christ. Every relationship takes time. Your relationship with Christ is no exception. Guard this time.
- Join with others to discuss the week’s teachings. True transformation never happens alone, but by challenging each other to seek hard after God. If you are not currently in a small group, you can join one of our 40 Days Short-Term Groups. In Orange City, groups begin February 19. In Sanford, groups begin February 20. Visit theJourney.cc/groups to register.
- Memorize a simple Bible verse each week from the 40 Days devotional that will help you focus on accepting Jesus’ invitation. Each week you will be given a weekly Bible memory verse to memorize that fits the theme of the week. Write this verse down and hang it someplace where you will constantly see it. This will help you memorize and meditate on the verse throughout the week. Memorizing scripture may seem like a challenge, but I encourage you to take this opportunity to grow deeper in your walk with God through this key spiritual habit.
- Sacrifice just one thing over the next 40 days. As a statement to yourself and to God of your commitment to follow Him, make a decision to give up something, maybe a hobby or entertainment. Sacrifice helps you to clearly focus on God and allows Him the opportunity to really work in your life. This means that for 40 days, you will give up something from your everyday life that occupies your time in order to free you to spend that time with God.
Life Group Questions
Coming February 17/18