All of us chase after something. When you were little, you chased after your brother or sister. Later on, you may pursue an award in school, a sports position, a chair in band or a specific scholarship!
What would you give up, pay or do if your life were on the line? The truth is, we value
our own lives so much that there is almost nothing we wouldn't give to save ourselves.
What if the very thing we fear, losing our lives, is actually the key to saving it? Join us
as we begin a 40-day journey together. We will seek to gaze at the cross of Christ and
learn how giving ourselves up leads to something far better.
Every month we will be sending out a postcard to all of the parents with the topic discussed at Pursuit along with activities and a devotion that we want to challenge you to sit down and go through with your student at some point in time this month.
- Participate in all six weekend worship experiences and Consume starting February 13/14.
- Read the 40 Days of Passion Devotional everyday. You can pick up this book on February 13/14.
- Join with others in a Group to discuss each week’s teachings. True transformation never happens alone, but by challenging each other to seek hard after God. For students, you can be a part of a Group by attending Pursuit on Wednesday nights.
- Memorize a simple verse every week from the 40 Days of Passion Devotional.
- Sacrifice one thing for this forty day period that will help you focus more intently on God.
Go over each of these commitments as a family.
- Which of these will be the most challenging for you?
- As a family, how can we help each other stay committed over these forty days?
- Come up with creative ideas to help each other read every day, memorize the verses and sacrifice.
- Help each member of your family come up with a an idea of something they can sacrifice that would really help them to focus on God.