Have everyone in the group share what they would like to be when they grow up (Leaders share an example of what you wanted to be when your were young).
- Have a few people share with the group a time in their life when they needed help with something, but didn’t want to ask someone for help. What kept you from asking for help?
- What is it about us that makes it difficult to ask for help when we need it?
- What are some of the benefits you get to experience when you finally break down and ask for help?
- Read Matthew 16:24-25. What does Jesus teach us in this passage about what it looks like to be his follower and to find real life?
- Why does this seem backwards to us at first?
- What does it mean to “take up your cross and follow” Jesus? What does it mean that you must lose your life in order to find it?
- Why do you think full surrender is necessary to become a follower of Jesus? What does this really look like in a person’s life?
- Have you come to the point in your life where you surrendered all of who you are to Him? How and when did that happen for you?
- Giving our lives up to Jesus is not just a one-time thing. It takes a daily surrender to be His follower. In what ways can we make it a daily habit to surrender everything to Him?
- What has God been teaching you this month in Pursuit or in your personal time with Him?
- How can this group encourage you or pray for you in the next two weeks?