If you could have an endless supply of one food, what would it be? Why?
- Sometimes, seemingly insignificant moments end up impacting our life in a huge way. Can you think of any examples where a seemingly insignificant choice impacted you?
- Why is it so easy to underestimate how important these little moments are in our lives?
- What are some small decisions people your age make every day that impact their life in a greater way than they think they will?
- Read Genesis 39:4-7. What has happened in Joseph’s life at this point?
- Why might this have been a difficult temptation for Joseph? How might he have justified a decision to do what she told him to do?
- Have you ever been faced with a choice to do something you know is wrong where probably no one would find out about it? Why are those moments so difficult?
- When we are faced with decisions like that, what are some ways we are tempted to justify a decision to do something that we know is wrong?
- Read Genesis 39:8-10. What was Joseph’s decision in this moment?
- What reasons did he give her for choosing to stand on what is right?
- Joseph says that, if he were to do the wrong thing, it would not only be a sin against Potiphar but it would also be a sin against God. In what way is every sin a sin against God Himself?
- How does knowing God sees everything and that every sin is against Him help us stand for what is right in moments where no one is watching?
- In the last few months, how well have you been handling choices like these, where no one is watching?
- What is a step you can take in order to rely on God’s power to stand up in those moments and follow Him?