Use these questions to lead a family discussion sometime this month.
- How have your 40 Days commitments been going? What has been the most challenging part? Why?
- What is one thing that God has been teaching you throughout this year’s 40 Days journey?
- Read Matthew 13:44-46. Why were each of these men happy about selling everything they owned? How do
- you think their family or friends might have responded when they learned that they were selling everything?
- How much would something have to be worth for you to sell absolutely everything you own to get it? $10,000, $100,000, $1,000,000, $10,000,000, more?
- In these stories, Jesus makes the point that the kingdom of heaven is worth giving everything for, even your life. Why is this such a profound truth?
- Read Philippians 3:7-11. How did Paul’s perspective change when he understood how valuable a relationship with Jesus is?
- What would change in someone’s life if they truly lived with this perspective? What are some ways in which it is difficult to truly live this way?
Pray for each other that you would live with a true perspective of how valuable Jesus is.