What was the best Christmas present you have ever received? What was the worst or funniest?
1. Name some things that are important to know that they are pure or authentic? Why is this important?
2. When it comes to faith in Christ, why would it be important to know if that faith is authentic and pure?
3. Read Matthew 13:1-9. As a group, list the four different situations Jesus describes in this passage.
4. At first, Jesus doesn’t explain what each of these things means. Why do you think Jesus spoke in parables (stories) like this so much?
5. Read Matthew 13:18-23. Based on this passage, what did Jesus mean by each of the first three situations?
6. Have you ever observed people respond to the truth about Jesus in these ways? Give some examples.
7. What are some reasons that people can appear to believe in Christ but quickly fall away What things can cause them to fall away?
8. Based on what Jesus says here, if someone falls away like this, what does it tell us about their faith? Was their faith authentic?
9. Read Verse 23 again. What does this teach us about true, authentic faith?
10. What does lasting faith that produces a “crop” look like? What did Jesus mean by this
11. Have you ever felt the pull to fall away from faith? What caused this?
12. What helps you to continue to follow after Jesus, even in times like that?
How are you doing right now in your pursuit of Christ? How can we pray for and encourage you?
Do you know someone who needs to hear about the good news of Christ? What step can you take this week to reach out to them?
Memory Verse | Matthew 13:23
As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty.
December 8 | Matthew 13:1-2
December 9 | Matthew 13:3-4
December 10 | Matthew 13:5-6
December 11 | Matthew 13:7-9
December 12 | Matthew 13:10-11
December 13 | Matthew 13:12-13
December 14 | Matthew 13:14-15
December 15 | Matthew 13:16-17
December 16 | Matthew 13:18-19
December 17 | Matthew 13:20-21
December 18 | Matthew 13:22-23
December 19 | Luke 1:26-28
December 20 | Luke 1:29-33
December 21 | Luke 1:34-38
December 29 | Matthew 13:28-29
December 30 | Matthew 13:30
December 31 | Matthew 13:31-32
January 1 | Matthew 13:33-35
January 2 | Matthew 13:36-37
January 3 | Matthew 13:38-39
January 4 | Matthew 13:40-41
January 5 | Matthew 13:42-43
January 6 | Matthew 13:44
January 7 | Matthew 13:45-46
January 8 | Matthew 13:47-48
January 9 | Matthew 13:49-50
January 10 | Matthew 13:51-52
January 11 | Matthew 13:53-58