What is your favorite Thanksgiving food and why?
1. How common do you think it is for middle and high schoolers to experience rejection? What are some examples?
2. Which situations of rejection cause the most hurt and pain? Why?
3. It has been said, “Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.” Do you think this is true?
4. What are some ways that words can truly hurt someone?
5. What happens when we begin to allow situations and words of rejection to become our identity or to shape how we view ourselves?
6. Read Romans 6:23 and Romans 1:18. Have we earned God’s rejection or acceptance based on our sin?
7. Why then is eternal life a “gift” or “grace” from God?
8. Read Ephesians 1:3-6. As a group, list the truths about God and about us in these verses.
9. Why is it good news that God chose sinners like us to be adopted and blessed by Him?
10.If we are believers in Christ, what is true about our identity, about who we are?
11.What makes it hard for us to live with the mindset that we are chosen and accepted by God through Jesus? In other words, why do we so often live with the mindset that we are rejected, worthless and alone?
12.What are some ways that we can keep the truth of our identity in Christ constantly in our minds and hearts?
How are you doing in the area of your identity? In what ways are you believing lies about who you are?
How would you describe you relationship with God over the last few weeks? What is one way you can choose to pursue Him in a greater way this week?
Spend time praying for each other.
Memory Verse | Ephesians 1:3-6
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.
November 3 | Ephesians 1:1-2
November 4 | Ephesians 1:3-4
November 5 | Ephesians 1:5-6
November 6 | Ephesians 1:7-8
November 7 | Ephesians 1:9-10
November 8 | Ephesians 1:11-12
November 9 | Ephesians 1:13-14