Jesus never wanted a crowd. He wanted people to draw close to be with Him. He wanted for people not just to know about Him, but to really know Him. And He wanted to know them personally. His invitation was for people to step out of the crowd and be with Him, and that is still His heart today. His invitation is still open to whoever will listen, no matter where you are on your faith journey. He will always ask, “Do you want to pursue me?”
1. What are you most excited about for this year’s 40 Days? How have you seen God work in your life during past 40 Days experiences?
2. Read Mark 8:27-34. What in this passage stands out to you the most?
3. Do you see a tendency in your spiritual walk to direct more than follow? What does it look like in your life when you stop directing and start following?
4. The last part of Mark 8:33 makes it clear where we as Christians should have our minds focused. Do you see times where, like Peter, your mind has become caught up in the things of this world? What are some of the things that keep your focus away from spiritual things?
5. In Mark 8:34, Jesus is laying out what a Christ-follower looks like. Which part of this challenges you the most?
6. In these verses, Jesus is saying that following Him will disrupt your life, how have you seen this played out in your own life? Are there areas where God is calling you out of your comfort zone right now that will be disruptive as well?
7. Each year at the Journey, we challenge one another to sacrifice something during 40 Days, something that will help us move towards Jesus with a little more focus and discipline. As you begin this journey together with your Life Group, what do you believe God has led you to sacrifice during these 40 Days?
8. Which of the five commitments from the 40 Days devotional do you think you will most struggle fulfilling? How can we as a group pray for and encourage each other to Participate, Read, Join, Memorize, and sacrifice over these 40 days?
*Print, PDF & Email does not work on the App.