Life is a series of choices. Every day we face decisions that impact our lives. Some decisions are simple; others are complicated. What do we do when we don’t know what to do?
- Read John 16:7-13. God wants to personally guide your life more than just give direction to your life. What would it look like for you to have God guide your life? Share some examples how this played out in your life.
- Jesus said He would leave this earth and send the Holy Spirit to guide and teach His people. Give examples of how you have sensed the guiding of the Spirit. Did you follow His lead? What were the results?
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17 and Psalm 119:105. The Word, the Bible, was penned by men as the Holy Spirit instructed them to do. Yet, so often, we try to take a shortcut and make decisions based on our own understanding. Why do you think God wants us to rely totally on His Word when making choices that affect our life?
- Read Philippians 2:13. Has there been a time when you knew God was working in and/or through you? Share about this time and the results?
- God created us. God is our wonderful Father. He only wants what is best for His children. His desire is to direct us in all our decisions. Is this a reality in your life? How can your group members help you on this road to totally trusting God?
- Your challenge this week is to pray: “God, I trust you to personally guide me as I follow wherever you lead.” Will you commit to doing this? Come back next week, ready to share how God worked when you submitted to His leading.