There are countless books out there on every imaginable topic on earth. Biographies can be very insightful as they will often not only describe someone’s life but will tell of their struggles and victories. They also tell the incredible people and events that changed their life. What if there was a biography that had implications for everyone on the planet and for you specifically? What if it had the potential to determine the direction of your life, no matter where you are right now?
- What has been one of your favorite biographies or documentaries? Why? Did it impact your life and if so, how?
- Read Mark 1:1. The book of Mark is not only a book of the Bible but it is a historical document as well, an eyewitness account by those who were alive at that time. Why is it important to know this?
- Any document you read can be read out of context. You may have done that yourself and found yourself in a little trouble. Why is context important when reading the book of Mark?
- Jesus had a house full of siblings who didn’t believe He was who He said He was, at first. What would your sibling or friends have to do to convince you that they were God?
- The question we all have to wrestle with is “Who is Jesus?” Does your life reflect your response to this statement? If not, what is keeping you from living your life for Him?
- Read Hebrews 1:3. Now read it again. How does the writer of Hebrews describe Jesus? What does this mean to us who live here and now?
- Share with your group the moment you realize that Jesus really is who He says He is.
- Have you experienced doubts that every word in the Bible is completely true? How can you overcome your doubts?