- What was your biggest takeaway from this week’s sermon?
- When you think or hear about the Holy Spirit, what’s the first thing that comes to your mind?
- Read Genesis 1:1-2. What do these verses tell us about the Spirit of God?
- Read Exodus 40:34-35 and 2 Chronicles 7:1-3. Scripture shows us that God’s Spirit represents His presence and power. How do these visual representations of God’s Spirit compare to the ways you see His Spirit work in the midst of your life? How is it different? What are some of the ways you’ve seen His personal presence and power at work?
- Read Acts 2:1-4. It’s not about sacred places, but sacred people. Does this change the way you view the church and yourself? Explain your answer. If God’s Spirit indwells inside of you, then why would some followers of Christ say they don’t feel close to God at times?
- God can accomplish extraordinary things through you because God’s Spirit lives in you. What would happen if you woke up to the reality everyday that God’s presence and power is in you? How should this change your perspective this week?
- You are the church because through you, God’s presence is invading the darkness. How has He used you to bring light to someone else’s life?
- You are the church because through you, God’s power is healing brokenness. How have you been aware of brokenness around you lately?
- You are the church because through you, God’s love is restoring goodness. How has God used you to restore goodness to your workplace/household/neighborhood?