Life is complex, full of moving parts. This is what causes us to feel overwhelmed, stressed out and leaves us wanting to give up. When you start getting pulled in a thousand different directions, your life gets out of alignment. Life is no longer whole and balance needs to be restored. Many times, what we want in the moment is in direct conflict with what we really want. So, to get what we really want, we have to discover what is actually important to us.
- What does a balanced life look like to you? Do you worry that the direction you are heading might not be the right direction relationally, financially, academically, professionally, or spiritually?
- What does Psalm 1:1 tell us about those we allow to speak into our lives and who we spend our time with? How does this verse challenge you?
- Read Psalm 1:1-2. These verses focus specifically on what a person who wants to be blessed should avoid and what they should pursue. Which of these two things do you find to be the most difficult? Is there one specifically that you need to move towards as you try to be more balanced?
- Read Psalm 1:2-3. What role does meditating on God’s Word play in your spiritual walk? What are some of the blessings these verses promise come from knowing and meditating on scripture?
- How do these verses help you shift your focus from asking the question, “What do I really want?” to asking “What does God really want?”
- Has there been a time in your life where you’ve seen your decisions push you off balance? How did those decisions lead you away from what you actually wanted?
- How is being centered more about the choices you make, rather than the circumstances you face? What is a way you’ve seen this play out in your own life?
We want to take the next 30 days as a church to read God’s Word for at least 10 minutes each day. If you haven’t started yet, there’s still time to join with us. For more information head over to theJourney.cc/bibleresources.