Everyone has an opinion and those opinions shape our interactions with each other. It’s what divides us and results in split relationships. But what if there is more to IT than proving your point? What if God wants to change you through the conflict?
- Do you prefer dogs or cats? Why? Concerning toilet paper, do you prefer over or under? Why?
- If everyone has an opinion, who or what has shaped most of your opinions as an adult?
- Why do we tend to gravitate toward and love more, those who share our points of view?
- When conflict happens, is your response “bring it on” or do you run from it? Why?
- Read Luke 10:27-29. We tend to limit the people we love. Why do you think he asked the question “and who is my neighbor”? Do you ever find yourself looking for loopholes when it comes to those whom God is calling you to love?
- Read Luke 10:30-37. Is there a “type” of person that is usually hard for you to love?
- Don’t get so consumed on making a point that you miss the point of loving people. What are some of the ways you need to “get uncomfortable” in order to show God’s love? How can you embrace the tension so that you can deal with IT?
- Seek a conversation, not confrontation. That seems simple enough, but you know it’s tough. Discuss what keeps you from having a civil conversation about a divisive issue.
- Be willing to get uncomfortable. Which current person in your life, with whom you normally have conflict, can you do something to show you are for them?
Life Group Announcements
STARTING POINT | Do you know someone who’s new to faith, just checking it out, or coming back to church after some time away? Invite them to Starting Point. Starting Point is a nine-week conversational small group environment where you can explore faith and experience community. It’s a place where your beliefs and opinions are valued, and where no question is off-limits. | Starting Point Previews are after each service on the weekend of January 14/15 and last about 10 minutes. Orange City Campus in the Teaching Room | Sanford Campus in the Conference Room | theJourney.cc/startingpoint
JOURNEY WORSHIP BAND AUDITIONS | The Journey Worship Team needs your help! We are asking you, as our church, to spread the word and to commit to praying with us as we ask the Lord to lead the exact musicians He wants to join our team. | Auditions will take place on Saturday, February 4, on our Orange City campus. Please register online at theJourney.cc/serve by Thursday, January 26.
MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL | Deadline to renew your Membership with the Journey for 2017 is February 5. To renew your Membership, please visit theJourney.cc/membershiprenewal or stop by the Membership Kiosk on campus on the weekend.
ONLINE GIVING | Your financial support and generosity enables us to create the quality environments that you and your family enjoy on a weekly basis, and allows us to reach more people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. | theJourney.cc/give
NEW WEBSITE AND APP | The Journey's new website and app are up and running. Our new URL is theJourney.cc. Our new site was not only designed to look great, but to make it simple to learn more about our church and how to get connected. And, our new Journey App is available for download on all major app stores (Apple, Android, Window and Amazon). Just search for the Journey - Florida. Look for the Journey logo. You can't miss it. You will now be able to watch sermons, get information, read stories and articles and give. The new app is a big step forward in the way we communicate. Please download and enjoy!