For seven weeks, we have studied what God is really like. What is the one word that best describes God and His relationship with us? This can be a life-changer once you embrace it.
- Who have you invited to our Christmas services? Take a few minutes to discuss and share one reaction you received.
- What was your perception of God when you were a teen or young adult? How did you arrive at that opinion?
- Read 2 Corinthians 6:18. What similarities do our earthly father and our Heavenly Father share? What differences?
- Read John 14:15 and James 1:22. Loving God has as much to do with our action as with our heart. Is there an area in your life that you would be willing to share with the group where God is calling you to submit to His will and walk in obedience?
- Read Isaiah 9:6. What’s in a name? As you read each name, describe how you have experienced God in that way.
Wonderful Counselor - Mighty God - Everlasting Father - Prince of Peace
- During this series, what is the most profound discovery that you have made about your image of God?
- What’s so special about Christmas is that God’s authority and God’s love are reaching down to save us. How can you share this fact with those in your world?
- Take some time as a group and pray for the upcoming services and for Pastor James. Pray that the Holy Spirit will draw the lost to come and hear about the wonderful God who loves them and who wants an intimate relationship with them. Pray that we all see God as the magnificent Father He is.
Life Group Announcements
CHRISTMAS AT THE JOURNEY | We can't wait to see you and your friends this Christmas. To make it easier for you to celebrate, as only the Journey can, we have scheduled additional services over two days. Christmas is one of our largest events of the year and many people will come to the Journey for the first time. Let's get out and invite everyone we know, so they can see a church passionately following Christ.
Orange City Campus | Friday, Dec 23, 7 pm | Saturday, Dec 24, 11 am, 2, 4 and 6 pm
Sanford Campus | Saturday, Dec 24, 2 and 4 pm
2C REVIVE | 2C Revive is a focused time of revival, training and refreshment! 2016 has been an exciting year of growth for our 2C Ministries! Our Church has been Stepping Up and we need to take this time to revive by taking time to refresh our spirit and get equipped for all that God has planned for 2C in 2017. Whether you are “all-in” with 2C or have a heart for those who are hurting but have always felt unequipped, this is the ideal experience for you! | Friday, January 13-14 (Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center) | Cost: $125 | Deadline to register and pay in full is January 9 | To register: theJourney.cc/2Crevive
ONLINE GIVING | Your financial support and generosity enables us to create the quality environments that you and your family enjoy on a weekly basis, and allows us to reach more people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. | More information: theJourney.cc/give
NEW WEBSITE AND APP | The Journey's new website and app are up and running. Our new URL is theJourney.cc. Our new site was not only designed to look great, but to make it simple to learn more about our church and how to get connected. And, our new Journey App is available for download on all major app stores (Apple, Android, Window and Amazon). Just search for the Journey - Florida. Look for the Journey logo. You can't miss it. You will now be able to watch sermons, get information, read stories and articles and give. The new app is a big step forward in the way we communicate. Please download and enjoy!