Have you ever been in a really tough moment in your life and some well-meaning person comes up to you and says, “Don’t worry; God is in control. He will cause everything to work out for your good”? But how do we embrace that truth in the middle of our most difficult times?
- Have you had any opportunities since last weekend to witness God’s “knowing” in a situation in your life? What was your take of it at the time? Were you able to apply the truths to your situation?
- When have you felt you had control over a situation only to discover you made a mess of things and generated anger or resentment towards God?
- When have you felt hopelessly out of control regarding a problem or situation in your life, only to have God show His mercy by taking control of the situation and working it out for your good?
- Can you think of things that have happened in your life that you were not grateful for at the time, but that you can now see the truth in Romans 8:28 that God was working for your good? Does looking back and remembering how God has been faithful in the past help you trust Him now?
- Read Romans 8:28-31. Do you believe that God is for you? Does the way you trust God (as the navigator of your life) show how much you actually believe that God is for you?
- Does the promise that God is working in your circumstances for your ultimate good change your outlook on suffering? What are some of the things going on right now in your life that you can thank Him for even though they may not be what you would choose?
What is it that drives your emotions these days - a relationship, finances, your job, kids? How could God possibly be in control when the situation is so out of control? Now, visualizing God’s sovereign hand on your life, how can you thank Him in the midst of the chaos of your life - and mean it?
- Pray for each other, that the truths from this message take root and you can start to thank God in every situation that comes your way.
Life Group Announcements
CHRISTMAS AT THE JOURNEY | We can't wait to see you and your friends this Christmas. To make it easier for you to celebrate, as only the Journey can, we have scheduled additional services over two days. Christmas is one of our largest events of the year and many people will come to the Journey for the first time. Let's get out and invite everyone we know, so they can see a church passionately following Christ.
Orange City Campus | Friday, December 23, 7 pm | Saturday, December 24, 11 am, 2 pm, 4 pm and 6 pm
Sanford Campus | Saturday, December 24, 2 pm and 4 pm
GIVING JOY DONATIONS | We are collecting new toys for Giving Joy, our annual Christmas Community Outreach. You can bring your unwrapped toys for children birth through teens. Please drop your donations in the marked boxes around campus. theJourney.cc/givingjoy | All month long
THE BRIDGE FOOD DRIVE | We are collecting non-perishable food items to stock our shelves. Donation suggestions include: Spaghetti noodles, Pasta Sauce, Canned Fruits & Vegetables, Boxed Macaroni & Cheese, Tuna, Rice and Peanut Butter & Jelly. Please bring your donations to the Sending Zone. More information: theJourney.cc/2C | All month long
PRAYER PARTNERS | Will you take part in the greatest work a body of believers could undertake? Come anytime and stay for whatever fits your schedule. | Tuesday, December 6 | 6:30-8:00 pm | Orange City Campus | Would you like serve? Contact Cindy Jacobson by calling 386.775.3500 or emailing CAREnet@theJourney.cc
ONLINE GIVING | Your financial support and generosity enables us to create the quality environments that you and your family enjoy on a weekly basis, and allows us to reach more people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. | More information: theJourney.cc/give
NEW WEBSITE AND APP | The Journey's new website and app are up and running. Our new URL is theJourney.cc. Our new site was not only designed to look great, but to make it simple to learn more about our church and how to get connected. And, our new Journey App is available for download on all major app stores (Apple, Android, Window and Amazon). Just search for the Journey - Florida. Look for the Journey logo. You can't miss it. You will now be able to watch sermons, get information, read stories and articles and give. The new app is a big step forward in the way we communicate. Please download and enjoy!