Every day we make multiple decisions in life. Whether big or small, highly impactful or uneventful, the decisions we make form who we are. Some decisions are easy, but what do you do when the decisions are tough--when you get to that place where you say, “I don’t know what to do?
1. When growing up, did you ever witness a moment when your parents didn’t seem to know what to do? How did that impact you?
2. Read 1 Samuel 17:1-11. Have you ever been there? Where you are faced with giants and totally unsure which way to go? What did you do when that happened?
3. We all look for easy answers, a way to be in control or guaranteed success if we step out. Was there a time when you felt this way? What did you do?
4. Read 1 Samuel 17:24-26, 36-37. At times God will not explain the reason for what is happening but rather He is waiting to see your response to what is happening. How has your choice to trust God brought clarity so you could move confidently in your choices?
5. Psalm 25:1-5 is a wonderful scripture to read when you are faced with fear, doubt and insecurity about the future. As a Group, read and discuss how this can help in a time of struggle.
6. Read 1 Samuel 17:46-47. Try to picture this little shepherd boy facing a mega man and yet, boldly declares his God will give this giant into his hand. What giants are you facing today? What can you do when fear seems to overwhelm you?
7. When you trust God in your decision-making, He will always work in the decisions you are making. Share examples of when this was a reality in your life.
Pray this Prayer
In you, Lord my God, I put my trust.
Guide me, for my hope is in your all day long.
Psalm 25:1, 5